Tel: 01273 628618 - online and on your high street
We work hard to make your delivery special
- At Carters, we believe our delivery service is very important and second to none. We are aware that many customers are unable to visit our store and complete the sale by phone or online. In these cases our delivery crew are the only point of contact with our customers.
- All deliveries are important to us so every customer will enjoy detailed care and professional installation if required; what we have been doing now for twenty five years.
- Most deliveries are sourced from our Storrington warehouse, believed to be one of the largest of its type in the UK.
- We can always agree a morning or afternoon slot but can be more precise if time is an issue. Morning deliveries are to be regarded as being from 7.30am to 1.00pm. Afternoon calls are from 12.00 noon onwards. Unforseen complications however may affect delivery times on the day.
- We can text or make a call to you on the day giving an accurate idea of when the delivery can be made.
- Delivery is Free for All orders within the BN, and RH postcode, whether the order is for one item or a combination of products as long as the total sum exceeds £150. Delivery outside of this area is possible but will be subject to a further charge.
- It is our normal policy for goods to be delivered to the registered address of the cardholder. However, in certain circumstances and solely at our own discretion, deliveries are sometimes authorised to a different address.
- Our normal local connection service to freestanding non gas products over £150 is subject to compatable plumbing and electrical services. We will not be involved in any alterations or providing additional equipment of any kind especially involving carpentry or specialist electrician or plumbing expertise. This connection service will not be completed if we experience extreme diificulties.
- We can remove your old appliance at the rate applicable at the time of ordering and undertaken on the basis of one for one at the time of delivering your new machine. This charge can vary from time to time as a result of current legislation and external forces.
- Sales not subject to the current Distance Selling Regulations are subject to a restocking fee on items returned, refused or cancelled by the customer.
- We do not deliver or sell items to any address outside the UK mainland without prior agreement.
LOCAL DELIVERY & UNPACKING /REMOVAL OF PACKAGING IS FREE at the time of delivery but please note the additional charges to the advertised price.
A. Wet connection-Washing machines, Dishwashers-£10- £20 removal charge
B. Tumble Dryer-Free connection- £20 removal charge
C. Freestanding Electric Cookers up to 70cm wide- £30 connection- £20 removal charge
D. Freestanding Gas/Dual Fuel Cookers up to 70cm wide-Connection by arrangement-removal charge- £20(must be disconnected)
E. Refrigeration under 70cm wide– £25 removal charge
F. Freestanding Door Reversal- All types under 70cm wide total unit- £30
G. American Fridge Freezers/Refrigeration over 70cm to front door or garage-removal charge-£25
H. American Fridge Freezers/Refrigeration over 70cm to room of choice(usually 4 man team)-connection inc door removal-£40-removal charge- £25
I. Freestanding Range Cookers-connection by arrangement- removal charge- £30
J. Built In Appliances -connection by arrangement- removal charge- £20
K. Large item site survey-£50 (Refundable against purchase)
- Connection detail- We will remove any transit bolts or fastenings, and then inspect the product to ensure its quality and suitability. We will checking for marks, dents and will ensure that any hinges are free moving.
- We then inspect the requested connections making sure they are suitable, safe and that they are correct and in proper condition. We usually do not hardwire any appliances in unless arranged beforehand. Electric plug sockets must be in good condition and complete . Wet connections must be to a current British Standard Pipe Thread connection.
- We then correctly position the appliance checking clearances, stability, that it is level and for any necessary clearances.
- We will plug everything in and turn it on and undertake a basic test before we leave.
- Integrated or built in appliances are not included in the basic connection service but installation can be arranged at the time of sale at an additional charge.
WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR US!
- There must be adequate space for our engineer to work in, free from any obstruction or hazard. Obstacles must be removed from the installation location and also the path taken into and through the property. All flooring must be protected. This route must also be big enough for a minimum width totalling that of the appliance plus 20cm from the floor to the height of the appliance.
- Any doorways must also be greater than this minimum width. If a turn is required than the minimum width must be at least 150% the width of the machine
- Please ensure that there are no wires, nails or sharp surfaces exposed that our engineers may risk coming into contact with. If safety equipment is required at a construction site for example then this information must be given to ourselves to ensure one of the correct qualified crew are selected.
- Our driver has the right to refuse to complete the installation if their or any other person’s health or safety may be put at risk or cannot be completed through experiencing extreme difficulties.
- If any of these condition have not been meet prior to, and or during the installation a refund cannot be issued. If you feel that you will not be able to fulfil the requirements a refund will be issued up to 24 hour before delivery.
- Minimum transport width is calculated by the maximum width of the appliance, plus 20 centimetres. The maximum width is the greater of the two horizontal plans. (depth, width)
- The customer is asked to closely inspect the goods upon delivery for any cosmetic defect before signing the delivery receipt. Damaged goods should not be accepted. We will return the rejected items to our warehouse and endeavour to replace them as soon as possible.
- It is recommended that all customers should read the instruction booklets normally supplied by manufacturers before operating a new appliance. Often, problems that may initially seem like a fault can be rectified quickly and easily by referring to this documentation.
- Whilst we take pride and care when carrying out deliveries we will not be held liable for any accidental damage however caused.