Carters Sponsor The Storrington Vipers Football Club

CARTERS Sponsor Storrington Vipers U12 FC

Storrington Vipers FC


 Storrington Vipers vs Plumpton Athletic  WIN 12-0

Sat 7th September - sat u12’s

Today we kicked off the 2019/2020 season, hosting Plumpton Athletic.

We also welcomed debutants Jack Carter and Samuel Leese.

On a bright and sunny Saturday morning it felt good to be back, 3 x teams playing at home with plenty of excited children, parents and grandparents all looking forward to what lay ahead.

We played Plumpton 3 times last season, winning 2 and drawing 1. Every game was tough and could of gone either way, so we were expecting a tough game.

Generally we are slow starters, however we started brightly, passing the ball around and looking threatening. We hit the post a couple of times before Kesh bravely followed up a rebound by heading Stozza into the lead.

Samuel was stamping his authority in midfield and the chances kept coming as did the goals. It was a job to keep up with the scorers, because by half time we were 8-0 up. Come the second half we juggled the team around and continued to dominate with many chances being created by us. Jack in Goal had a very quiet morning but kept his concentration to make a good save from a close up shot from Plumpton which he turned around the post for a corner.

We scored a few more goals to put the game out of sight.

Whilst it is nice to win, its not beneficial to either team to win by a score line like that. Plumpton admitted they were missing a couple of players today and I must give credit to their players who never gave up and battled to the very end. Also their managers continued to encourage and support their boys throughout in what was a tough day for them.

We look forward to playing them later in the season with a full squad.

Result  Win 12-0

As usual, the boys had super support from mums, dads and grandparents - thank you.

Also thank you for all the help with setting up and taking down the goals and for Giles for running the line.

Ashington Cougars vs Storrington Vipers .2-3  Storrington WIN 

Today we travelled to our local rivals - Ashington Cougars. On a nice dry morning and with the boys in confident mood, it was game on!We started very brightly setting our stall out nice and early. It was all Storrington. Our passing and possession was superb. The boys were working hard as a team and creating chance after chance. The Ashington keeper was by far the busier and he was left rooted to the spot as Luke’s out-swinging corner was met by the incoming and airborne Keshia  to powerfully head the ball against the Ashington crossbar and out for a goal kick.Still we pressed, but were denied by a resilient Ashington defence. Our stand in goalkeeper Thomas made a good save at his near post to deny their striker in what was really there only significant change in the first half. Our defenders Joe, Jake and Eddie were solid and well disciplined at the back. Alex, Kesh and Luke were winning the battle in midfield with telling passes into Michael and Alfie upfront.

Goal 0-1

With 5 minutes to go before halftime it was Kesh who finally broke the deadlock, bursting through their defence to fire us 0-1 in the lead. At the whistle it was hard to believe we weren’t going in 4 or 5 goals in front. 

The second half started much the same as the first had finished. Storrington were in control and looking to add to their lead. With fresh legs coming into the mix, Lyndon and Connor slotted straight in. Still we had plenty of chances, Alex, Kesh and Luke all coming close, either being saved by the keeper or narrowly missing the goal.

Ashington sensing there was only one goal in it were starting to put the boys under more pressure, but still we held tight. 

Goal 0-2

Alex picked the ball up just outside the their area, took it round a couple of players and cooly slotted the ball passed the advancing Ashington keeper.

Things were really starting to heat up now and both teams were giving it 100%. Ashington were starting to play long balls over our defence for there strikers to run onto. 

Goal 1-2

And it was one of these balls which was looped over our defence for the striker to latch onto and slot past the advancing Thomas in goal.

By now we were starting to rue the great opportunities we’d had to put this game to bed earlier in the match. With Ashington now playing with new found vigour and confidence, the boys really had to dig deep and concentrate. Which they did. Alex played a great ball through their defence for Kesh to round their keeper and slot the ball into the goal, only for the ball to go agonisingly passed the post.

Again we threatened Ashington goal with a great cross played across the goal to Connor who’s shot riffled into the side netting.

Still the boys kept he pressure on, Connor made a darting run down the right wing and put a great cross onto Alex’s head who superbly netted into the goal, only to be adjudged offside!! 

Goal 1-3

With Joe and Luke linking up well on the left wing, it was Joe who cut in from the left, (some of you might remember the Spurs & Man City 1981 FA Cup final replay when Ricky Villa danced through their defence to score a brilliant goal) well it was just like that, and no more than the boys deserved.

Ashington scored a consolation goal with 10 seconds left.


Storrington win 2-3

 The boys worked tirelessly today, everyone of them. How we didn’t win by more goals I’m not sure. It’s great we created so many chances, and on  another day we would of put them away. The scoreline doesn’t reflect the dominance we showed today but it proves the boys really are improving week on week.

Storrington vs Heron Way  Win 5-2

On a blustery and wet Saturday morning, we hosted Heron Way, a team we have not played previously. With last weeks match being cancelled, we looked very rusty and disjointed. It wasn’t due to lack of effort, it was more to the fact the simple things weren’t coming off. 

Goal 0-1. It was no surprise after 10 minutes, Heron Way took a deserved lead. We were caught on the counter attack when their striker cools slotted the ball past the advancing Lewis in goal. The boys settled a bit after conceding the goal and we started to find our way a little, putting some good passes together and threatening the Heron goal. Their goal keeper was dealing with everything we threw at him and you sensed it might be one of those days.

Goal 0-2. Again we were caught on the counter and in similar fashion to the first goal, we suddenly found ourselves 0-2 down. Whilst the boys didn’t deserve to be 0-2 down, their heads didn’t drop. They kept their composure and did not panic.

Goal 1-2. (I must be honest here, whilst tending to an injured player, I missed Luke Braddock score a goal to put us back in the game. I also missed the corresponding kick off. So when the whistle blew for half time and I was giving the players a slightly animated team talk because we were 0-2 down, the boys quickly put me in my place and explained we were only losing 1-2! A very awkward silence ensued, as they looked at me in disbelief!) With a softer team talk now required, we started the second half so much better than the first. The boys were back to their best and if it wasn’t for their keeper who couldn’t do a thing wrong we would of been on level terms.

Goal 2-2. With the boys ever growing patience and maturity, a well worked move culminated in us drawing level. With our defense solid, the midfield were starting to out power Heron Way, we drew level.

Chances by now were a plenty, but we had to keep our composure as the last thing we wanted to do was allow Heron back in the game. 

Goal 3-2. A shot from outside the area ricochet of a Heron players hand and we were awarded a penalty. What happened next was all rather confusing. The ball was not struck at goal, but passed sideways for one of our players to strike. The ball rebounded of the Heron keeper,  only for Joe to calmly slot the ball inside the left hand post. (apparently, this is within the rules as Messi and Suarez have done it so there you go!

Goal 4-2. The tireless runnng of our midfield and strikers was paying dividends now and another goal quickly followed. 

Goal 5-2. With 5 minutes remaining we put the game to bed. Another well worked move involving several players it was the icing on the cake!

 Win :Storrington 5 Heron Way 2

 Well done today boys, you proved that by not giving up and working hard for each other you always have a chance!

GAME ELEVEN LEAGUE GAME Linfield vs Storrington WIN 7-2

 Today we we travelled to Lingfield, a nice local match!!

We started the game well and for the first 20 minutes played some of our best football this season, throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Lingfield. The passing was inspired as was the players work rate. We hit the crossbar, the post, the keeper the cows, the sheep, the walkers and the walkers dogs but still we couldn’t convert our chances into goals.

The longer it went on, you sensed it was going to be one of those days. And so it happened, against the run of play, Lingfield broke the stalemate and scored with their 1st proper effort on goal.

Fortunately, the boys didn’t panic and held their nerve to equalize within five minutes. With half time approaching we netted a second for a much deserved lead.

We started the second half spritely and it wasn’t long before we netted a third. Every player was playing their part, passing and playing as a team. Slowly the goals followed and we ran out 7-2 winners.

GAME TEN LEAGUE GAME Storrington vs Southwater Royals February 2019 Result 1-2 LOSS

Today we hosted Southwater Royals, our first game of the new leagues. With the snow and freezing temperatures our under soil heating kicked in and it was game on! However with two players pulling out in the week and a further two pulling out before kick off, we were down to the bare minimum of 9 players with no subs. With several players having to play in different positions, we started with composure and fluidity. There was not much in it between the two teams and it was Storrington who had the better chances in the first 20 minutes. Michael came close when his shot just whizzed past their goalies left hand post. Up the other end (stand in goalie Thomas Wroe), was playing with confidence authority which helped settle the team. Connor, now playing on the right hand side of midfield made a terrific run down the line to put in a great cross for Alfie to expertly header clear of the keeper but only for it to bounce off the post and back into the keepers arms! Lyndon came close when he picked up a loose ball and struck a looping shot which looked like it was going to lob the keeper only for him to catch it from under his cross bar.

Half Time 0-0 The referee blew the whistle for half time and with the score at 0-0 the game was still there for the taking. The second half started much the same way as the first with both teams having equal opportunities. With our defence of Lyndon, Jake and Ryan working well in defence, Jake was solid in the centre and with Ryan starting to move higher up the pitch you sensed we were on the ascendancy.

Goal 0-1 However we were too slow to clear the ball from a corner and it was Royals who drew first blood by stabbing the ball home but not before Thomas made a great reflex save only only for it to land at the feet of the Royals Striker to poke home.

Goal 0-2 Only 2 minutes later we found ourselves 0-2 down when Royals now moving forward in numbers looped a shot into the left hand corner of Thomas’s goal which he could do nothing about. With only only ten minutes remaining Alex, Kesh, Michael and Connor were now driving forward relentlessly and it was Alex who broke through their defence and beat the keeper only to see his effort roll past the keepers right hand post.

Goal 1-2 With the pressure mounting on Royals it was Michael who picked up on a loose ball just outside the area and powerfully hit a right footed shot into the bottom right hand corner of their net! With two minutes remaining, Ryan went on one of his customary mazy runs but for his shot to ricochet off a Royals defender for a corner.

Final Score 1-2 loss In summary, I thought the boys worked tirelessly all game today and never gave up. Special thanks for Thomas you was inspired in goal, Mathew for helping me on the sidelines. Paul for helping with setting up and as usual for the very enthusiastic parents and grandparents for your unwavering support of the team in freezing conditions. Lastly thanks to Daniel for running the line and for everyone helping to clear up afterwards.

GAME NINE LEAGUE GAME- January 2019-HOME MATCH: East Grinstead vs Storrington Vipers  RESULT 2-0 LOSS

Today we hosted local rivals Ashington Cougars. For a lot of the players it was our first game since the Christmas break. We started ok but you could see we were a little rusty. Our midfield talisman Kesheva only lasted a few minutes and had to come off because the poor lad was feeling very under the weather. You know Kesh is feeling unwell when he asks to come off!

Eddie came on in midfield and got stuck in rom the off playing some good passes to Michael and Alfie up front.

Although we had most of the possession for the the first 15 minutes. Ashington were playing some nice football and it was looking like it was going to be a close affair.

Goal 0-1

Against the run of play, we gave away a free kick just outside our area in a dangerous position. With two players in the wall the Ashington player stepped up and struck a rather tame free kick which bobbled into the 6 yard area and somehow found its way through multiple legs and crawl over the goal line.

We rallied and got back in the game having several good chances but each time were denied by the competent Ashington keeper.

Our last chance of the first half came from a great through ball from Alfie for Connor to run onto only for him to be caught and tackled by their quick centre back.

We went in half time 0-1 down but still in the game.  The 2nd half started much the same way as the first half. Sam came on and from the the off he was putting in his trademark tough tackles, mopping up any loose balls when needed. Both teams were still even but it was Storrington who were pushing hard for an equaliser. 

Another defence splitting ball allowed Luke to race clear of the Ashington defence for a one on one with their goalie but unfortunately his shot was straight at the keeper.

Goal 0-2

With the boys pushing hard for an equaliser it was leaving us stretched at the back and we were punished when Ashington burst through from midfield to fire a fine shot into the top left hand corner past Leo’s outstretched hands.

With only 10 mins left on the clock it was going to be a big ask to get back in this game. The boys didn’t give up and it was Alex who had run his socks off all match, fired a curling effort onto the top right hand corner of the Ashington cross bar for their defender to clear.

Not long after the ref blew the whistle for full time and we were inflicted our first loss in the league this season in what was our last game of the current campaign.

Another great turn out from our spectators - thank you.

 Many thanks to Daniel Ranson for running the line and especially Giles Anderson who stepped in to referee the match as the referee didn’t turn up.

 Thanks  Jon

GAME EIGHT LEAGUE GAME -DECEMBER 2018 AWAY MATCH :East Grinstead vs Storrington Vipers u11s RESULT  1-1 DRAW  

Saturday we travelled to East Grinstead for our first game in 3 weeks. Arriving on a wet and freezing morning, the boys were showing a lot of enthusiasm.

The game started and what became apparent was the pith had a significant slope on it with plenty of bumps. This made playing a passing game very tricky.

Goal : 1-0 East Grinstead score

Both teams started lively but it was East Grinstead who took the advantage in a scrappy first 15 minutes. A ball threaded through from their midfield to the centre forward who calmly slotted the ball from the advancing Leo in goal.

We settled down and started to find our rhythm but it was hard going on this pitch.

Goal: 1-1 Storrington equalise

Michael was having our best chances with a couple of headers in quick succession only to be denied by their keeper. The boys dug deep and got their rewards when Michael slotted home (a back heel) into the East Grinstead net. Leo was superb in goal denying East Grinstead on at least 2 occasions when you thought they may score.

The second half proved to be a scrappy affair as the weather deteriorated further with the rain and wind picking up. Added to this we were now playing up hill, the boys battled hard to earn a hard fought draw.

Result 1-1

Well done boys, you worked tirelessly in hard conditions.


Today we travelled to Plumpton for only our second away match of the season. After a 45 minute drive with 3 kids playing rock, paper, scissors, it was a relief to arrive!

We started the game well, passing the ball about in tight first 10 minutes. Alex was strong in midfield threading the ball through to both Michael and Alfie who both had good chances to put us in the lead only for their efforts to graze the Plumpton posts.

We were definitely taking the game to Plumpton but our defense of Jake, Eddie and Sam needed to be on their toes as they had 3 tricky forwards who were particularly tricky and worked well together. With our stand in goalie - Joe (our tough tackling left back) filling in between the sticks today, he did superbly well to thwart their efforts on goal.

Goal 0-1 Storrington

As the 1st half progressed we were having plenty of chances but we just couldn’t seem to find the back of the net.

Alex played a defense splitting ball through to Alfie to run onto which he calmly slotted into the right hand corner of the Plumpton goal!

Plumpton responded by pressing hard for an equalizer but Joe stood firm in goal making some good saves.

Goal 0-2 Storrington

Kesh was by now starting to give their defense some problems when he picked up the ball on the edge of their area to loop a lovely right footed shot beyond the Plumpton goalie into the top of the net. 

Eddie was playing superbly in defense covering both side of the pitch confidently. 

Second half

Connor was linking up well with Lyndon who played some nice passes for Connor to run onto. Unluckily for him his efforts were well saved by the goalie. Michael came back on and had an instant affect on the game and you felt another goal was coming.

Goal 1-2 Plumpton

Unfortunately, it was in our net! A ball played straight to the Plumpton forward allowed them a soft goal and the opportunity for them to get back in the game. 

Goal 1-3 Storrington

With their tails up, we really needed a goal, and it came from Michael who got on the end of a pass from Lyndon and put a cross/shot (Michael assures me it was a shot) over the keepers head and into the top left hand corner.

 Goal 1-4 Storrington

A couple of minutes later, Michael finished Plumpton off with a well struck effort from outside the area to secure all 3 points.

Well done boys!!

 A big thank you for all the support from parents and grandparents today. Again we outnumbered the home supporters.  Thank you to Dan for running the line and Peter for his help as usual.

 So we left Plumpton with 3 points and another 45 minutes of rock, paper, scissors!!


 Plumpton v Storrington away

First Half 2-0  Alfie x1 Kesh x1

Second Half4-1

Mike x 2 

Final score 4-1 to Storrington 


Today we welcomed Lingfield to Storrington for our 3rd league game of the season. After all the rain on Friday it was nice to see the sun had come out for us in what was going to be a tough contest if today was to be anything like our last match against them last season.

The whistle sounded and off we went. Unlike last week, we started very brightly putting Lingfield under pressure from the off.

Goal - Storrington 1-0

A good move down the right wing involving Kesh and Alfie culminated in a pass to Michael who whipped in a cross for Luke to fire in past the Lingfield keeper!

If anything this spurred on Lingfield and the ball was going from one end to the other with pace with both teams very evenly matched.

Alex has a long range looping effort well saved by the Lingfield keeper (who had already pulled off 3 or 4 top draw saves) leaving the ball spinning on the goal line, which no body followed up.

The boys were playing some nice football but were by equalled by well drilled opponents. 

HALF TIME  1-0    The whistle blew for half to time with us 1-0 up, however, it could of been 3 or 4 but for a superb Lingfield keeper.

Goal Lingfield 1-1

We started the  second half well taking the game to Linfield but against the run of play a cheeky chip from their striker saw the ball loop over Leo’s head and into the back of our net.

 Goal Storrington 2-1 The game was now very tight with both sides having efforts on goal. Leo had to be at his best to keep the score at 1-1.

Lyndon played the ball to Michael, which he took a touch and then struck the ball well and into the back of their goal.

Result 2-1 win.

Well done boys. Next week away at Plumpton

 Scorers Luke x 1    Michael x 1

GAME FIVE CUP GAME -NOVEMBER 2018 HOME MATCH :Storrington Vipers u11s vs Hassocks RESULT 3-5  WIN FOR Hassocks 

Today we hosted Hassocks in the 2nd round of the cup.

Given our recent results and the hard work the boys have put in since the start of the season we were quietly confident of giving Hassocks a good run for their money. The ref blew his whistle to start the match and off we went. The game started at a frenetic pace with neither team managing to string worthwhile passes together. Deciding to bolster the midfield by only playing Alfie up front to try and nullify Hassocks threat coming forward meant the middle of the park was quite congested. 

Goal - Hassocks 0-1

Hassocks started to take control because we were holding onto the ball too long and giving them time to re-group and get a tackle in. They played a ball through our defence for their striker to comfortably slot the ball into the back of the net.

This was now the time to settle down and compose ourselves - but we didn’t.

Goal - Hassocks 0-2

Hassocks by now had the wind in their sails and started to string some good moves together  but nothing out of the ordinary that we couldn’t deal with. However, it wasn’t long before they added to their lead with another simple goal to put them 0-2 up. 

It’s fair to say we had started this match very slowly and by giving this team 2 easy goals so early on was going to give us a mountain if we wanted something out of this match.

Teams like Hassocks will punish you all day long if you don’t concentrate.

Now was time for a come back or they would be on their way for a cricket score!

And come back we did!

We switched the ball to the flanks now and stared to play some nice football with Kesh causing the Hassocks fullback all sorts of problems. His crosses into the box were opening up the Hassocks defence and we could sense a goal was coming. Alfie had a couple of good Chance which were well saved by their keeper as did Luke.

Goal - Storrington 1-2

Alex, Michael, Luke and Kesh were by now moving the ball around much better in midfield and it was Kesh who slotted the ball home to get us back in the game with a great finish!

This really lifted the boys and it was Hassocks now who were on the ropes. This boys were working incredibly hard and it was starting to pay off.

With half time approaching our defence of Jake, Joe and Sam were playing well and keeping Hassocks at bay. Hassocks were still a threat though and Leo in goal made several quality saves to thwart them and keep us in the game.

Goal - Storrington 2-2

A good pass from defence up-to Kesh on the right wing allowed him to burst down the side line and cut in and pass the ball into the area for Alfie to fire a superb shot into the top right hand corner!

Half time and the lads came off the pitch shattered. Eddie came on for Sam and slotted in really well linking up with Kesh. They had all put in such a tough 30 minutes to get themselves back in the game, they deserved the 5 minute break.

We came out the strongest after the break and were really taking the game to Hassocks. Joe threaded a pass through to Luke on the left and with trademark speed left his man only for his shot to hit the top side of the net.

The boys were really playing with a lot more composure and confidence now forcing several good saves the Hassocks keeper.

Goal - Storrington 3-2

Hassocks were starting to look vulnerable in defence now and you could sense a goal was coming. (Not sure who) played a fantastic through ball for Alfie to run onto, leaving the Hassocks defence behind him to calmly slot the ball past the Hassocks keeper and into the bottom left hand corner!

With the clock counting down and Hassocks pushing for an equaliser the game was going from end to end.

Again, Leo kept us in the lead making an excellent save to his right and tipping the ball round the post.

Goal Hassocks 3-3

With 3 minutes left on the clock, Hassocks pumped a ball over our defence for their striker to run onto and calmly slot past the advancing Leo.

Extra time

The ref blew the final whistle which signified the end of full time, but now extra time.

The boys came off absolutely shattered, having given everything for 60 minutes only to have a win snatched from them with 3 minutes to go.

The first half on extra time was as frenetic as the previous 60 minutes with chances for both teams.

The first half was over in the blink of an eye and the second half was upon us. Our lads were starting to show signs of fatigue and we were looking a bit vulnerable.

Goal - 3-4 Hassocks

The opposition were pushing for a winner and it came as we got stretched at the back trying to get an equaliser. 

Goal Hassocks 3-5

We were losing a bit of shape and composure due fatigue, with 1 minute left, Hassocks put the game out of reach.

I want to say how proud I am of all the players today for the effort they put in. Nobody gave up, even when we went 0-2 down. They battled all the way to the end. I could see how tired they were at the end. As coaches we cannot ask for more than that.

Well done lads

Thanks to Paul and Anthony for coming down early and putting the goals up and again to Paul for supplying the boys much needed treats.

Thanks to Giles for running the line. Great job. Also to Peter for coaching.

And lastly to all the parents and grandparents for your fantastic support today.


Today we hosted Faygate in our last half term friendly. On a lovely frosty morning we started where we finished last week. The boys immediately started passing and moving into good positions off the ball. Passing needed to be accurate on a hard bumpy pitch today and there were’t too many stray passes. Although we controlled the first 10 minutes Faygate’s striker was very quick and when he did break through our defence he looked dangerous. Luke was linking up well with Joe down the left as was Kesh and Alfie down the right and you could sense a goal was coming.

Goal - Storrington 1-0 A well worked one two between Alex and Kesh resulted in the Kesh bursting through their defence before slotting the ball into the bottom left hand corner. Faygate kept pushing and had a couple of good efforts comfortably saved by Lewis who was standing in for Leo today.

Goal - Storrington 2-0 Joe threaded the ball down the left wing for Luke to chase down which he did, cutting inside the defender to rifle a shot goal wards which caught a deflection off a Faygate’s foot and into the net. By now we were in control with the boys really playing well against a dogged Faygate team. Good team work between Kesh and Alex saw Alex’s shot just skip past the post. Sam, Jake and Joe were working well in defence showing composure on the ball and looking for that telling pass.

Goal - Storrington 3-0 Alex got his just reward after linking up well with Alfie to calmly slot the ball past the outstretched hands of the Faygate keeper. Several more chances followed from Michale, Alfie and Luke but all were denied by the very competent Faygate goalkeeper who was having a superb match.

Goal - Faygate 3-1 With the first half fast coming to an end it was Faygate who lobbed a ball over our defence for their striker to chase down. Jake sprinted back on goal to make a challenge which he did but the Faygate striker twisted and turned to slot the ball past Lewis.

HALF TIME Storrington 3-1 We regrouped at half time and made 3 substitutions with Lyndon, Eddie and Connor coming on. Making that many subs at the same time did upset the balance of the team and it was Faygate who settled down quickest. We were starting to look a bit ragged and not as composed as in the first half with Faygate on the ascendancy.

Goal Faygate 3-2 It wasn’t long before Faygate broke free down our left wing to cross the ball into our area which we failed to defend and they converted into the back of our net. After the kick off we composed ourselves and took hold of the game again. Connor was making some good runs and finding space in which to exploit their defence. A well placed cross from Alex found its way to Connor but unfortunately his effort just went over the bar. We were by now having plenty of chances but, for the excellent Faygate keeper denying our every effort. Michale, Alex, Alfie and Connor has plenty of chances to put the game out of site but the afore mentioned keeper again keeping the score at 3-2.

Goal - Storrington 4-2 Still the boys kept pushing to put the game out of site and when Kesh played a ball through the Faygate defence for Alfie to run onto he shrugged off the fast approaching defender to round the keeper and bury the ball into the back of the Faygate net. Result 4-2 win for Storrington The most pleasing thing today was not just the score line but the fact the players are really working hard on their passing. Thank you to all the parents who helped putting the goals up as well as taking them down today. They boys have fantastic support from parents and grandparents every week and we easily out number the oppositions support. I know it really encourages the boys. Special mention to Peter for his hard work with the boys as it’s really paying dividends. Jon

GAME THREE FRIENDLY -OCTOBER 2018 AWAY MATCH :Billingshurst vs Storrington Vipers u11s RESULT 1-12 WIN FOR STORRINGTON

Because of half term there are no league matches for 2 weeks so we played a friendly against Billingshurst. There were a few goals! It was hard to keep up with an accurate report, but please see below; Today we travelled to Billingshurst for a friendly match as there are no league matches for the next two weeks due to half term. On a bright and sunny morning in Billingshurst the players all looked resplendent in their new kits. Both Peter and myself impressed upon the boys before kick off we wanted to see plenty of passing and team work today. They didn’t disappoint. We started well, moving the ball around with aplomb.

1st Goal-Storrington 1-0 It wasn’t long before a sharp looking Connor put us 1-0 up. This really set the tone for the rest of the match. Everybody played their part form Leo in goal to the boys upfront. More than the result itself was the way the boys played which was the most gratifying part of the performance. Whilst the game turned into a one sided affair, nobody got too greedy and we kept to the game plan working well as a team. We welcomed Eddie today, playing his first game for us today and he immediately slotted into the team as if he’s played all season. He took a well deserved goal to boot! From Jake and Joe in defence to Alex, Lyndon, Kesh, Luke and Sam in midfield to Alfie and Connor upfront we never looked in trouble (except when I was distracting Dan running the line and one of their players scored a goal a good 10 meters off side. I had 9 pairs of angry eyes looking at me!!)

HALF TIME-Storrington 4-1 We went in half time for 4-1 up and in total control. We changed things around at half time and we started the second half as we finished the first. It was time for Alex and Luke to show what they can do, and they did. Luke linked up superbly with Joe on the left hand side playing some great combination football. Both Alex and Luke scoring 3 goals a piece. Our rock, Jake came back into defence and as usual showed his new found composure on the ball playing some superb passes to the midfield. Sam had his best game for us today in both defence and midfield, with the usual mix of aggressive tackling and sublime passing. Connor kept busy upfront and made a nuisance of himself in front of the Billingshurst defence. Alfie kept up his fantastic start to the season scoring another 2 goals today. Kesh also had another dominant performance with two goals which included well taken penalty. It was great to see so much support from parents and grandparents today. Thanks for Dan for running the line. Result 12-1 win for Storrington Well done boys Jon

GOALS: 1st Half: Connor, Luke, Alfie, Kesh GOALS : 2nd Half Alfie, Kesh(Penalty), Alex(3) Luke(2), Eddie


GAME TWO-OCTOBER 2018 AWAY MATCH : Hurstpierpoint Colts vs Storrington u11s RESULT 2-5 WIN FOR STORRINGTON

Today we travelled to Hurst Colts for our 2nd game of the season. The weather was good and we were all looking forward to a good match after the win last week.

Goal-Hurstpierpoint 1-0 We started slowly, very slowly. Hurst had all the possession in the first 5 minutes with us chasing the ball. It wasn’t long before they scored a deserved goal after playing some great passing football. Things were not looking good for us at this stage so early in the match. However, this woke the boys up and we started to impose ourselves on the game. Our midfield line up of Luke, Sam, Kesh and Alex were beginning to find their passing feet but we couldn’t seem to make the final pass count. Still the boys battled away but it was down to some good goalkeeping from Leo to keep us in the game. Luke, playing left midfield was causing the Hurst defence difficulties. He made a trademark run down the left wing leaving his marker way behind only to shoot passed the outstretched goalie but the ball narrowly flew past the post.

Goal-Storrington(Michael) 1-1 By now it was Storrington on the ascendancy as we started to find our passing and movement off the ball. Michael and Alfie up front were working well together and it wasn’t long before Michael had a shot on goal which found the top corner of the Hurst goal! Both teams were still evenly matched and it was the goalkeepers keeping the score at 1-1. Joe and Jake in defence were having to work very hard contains their no. 22, who was a very quick. Their tactic of playing the ball over the heads of our defence for him to run onto meant Leo had to be quick off his line. Sam had a good effort from just inside their area which looked like it was heading for the top corner, only for their keeper to save it. The ref blew the whistle for halftime with the game evenly matched. The lads had put in a good shift it what had been a tough 30 mins of football.

HALF TIME SCORE 1-1 We made a couple of changes at half time with Lyndon, Connor and Ryan coming on. Slotting Ryan at centre back to strengthen the defence started to pay off.

GOAL-Hurstpierpoint 2-1 Against the run of play, Hurst got behind us in the counter attack to put them 2-1 up. Credit to the boys, their heads didn’t drop and we continued to play our game with some good passing and team work. With Lyndon making some good runs down the right wing and whipping some good crosses into the box, you could feel a goal was coming. And so it did.

GOAL-Storrington 2-2(Michael) Kesh made a good run from midfield moved out to the right to cross the ball into the penalty area for Michael to fire his header into the roof of the net! Game on! Our passing was by now more fluid but with Hurst still searching for another goal, the boys could not rest on their laurels. Again, Joe and Jake were being kept busy but you could feel it was Storrington who were in control. Alex was switched to the left of midfield and this had an immediate impact.

GOAL-Storrington 3-2(Alex) Alex made a darting line down the left wing holding off their defender until he got to the outside of their box to loop a sweet left footed shot into Hurst’s top right hand corner!

GOAL-Storrington 4-2(Kesh) Kesh was by now bossing the midfield and started to make some trademark runs through the centre of the pitch. It was one of these runs which he rifled onto the roof of the net!

GOAL-Storrington 5-2(Alfie) It was not over just yet. Michael made way for Alfie to come back on and with 5 minutes left Alfie slotted home our 5th goal!  Well done. Our second win in two games!


GAME ONE-OCTOBER 2018- HOME MATCH: Storrington Vipers FC vs Horsham Baptists RESULT WIN 5-2 FOR STORRINGTON

Today we hosted Horsham Baptists for our first league game of the season. It was also our first match in our new kit. I must say the players looked very smart and professional this morning. The game kicked off and everything started well. Both teams playing good passing football but with Storrington slightly having the edge. Lewis in goal, covering for Leo, looked solid between the sticks keeping the Baptist forwards at bay. We started to over power them in midfield with Luke, Alex and Kesh & Lyndon starting to gain more and more momentum. The Baptist goalkeeper was the busier of the two goalies making some good saves to keep the score at 0-0.

GOAL-Storrington 1-0 (Alfie) The potent striking partnership of Michale and Alfie were by now linking up well, causing Baptist defence problems and it wasn’t long before Alfie put us 1-0 up with a well taken goal. Luke was getting to grips with his counterpart in defence, linking up well with the strikers by playing some good balls into their feet.

GOAL-Storrington 2-0(Kesh) With only 5 minutes left before half time it was the turn of Kesh to make a trade mark run from midfield to power past their defence and power a shot into the back of the goal.


It was good to go in half time 2-0 up which was no more than the boys deserved. Making several changes at the break saw Thomas come on the right side of midfield and Ryan in the left. Both were making good runs down the wings and we were definitely on the offensive again. With the boys passing well and in control,

GOAL-Storrington 3-0(Alfie) Alfie put up us 3-0 up to score his second of the game. Given Alex’s head injury last week, the bandage was discarded and he was back to heading the ball again and making those telling passes. Conor came on, and straight away made a telling difference with his first touch and vision, and very unlucky not to have a goal. Jake and Joe were still being kept busy by the Baptist forwards but they dealt with everything with aplomb, taking their time on the ball with great distribution. We were pressing for another goal now and it was Sam who came closest with a cheeky effort that eluded the keeper only for the crossbar to deny him. Lyndon’s passing has much improved and we were definitely on the ascendancy when Thomas made a good run down the right wing to force a corner.

GOAL-Storrington 4-0(Own Goal) Michael whipped the ball in the box only for an unfortunate Baptist defender to slot the ball into the back of his own net. Baptist however were not finished and were pushing hard for a goal. Lewis went one on one with the forward only for the ref to deem he had handled the ball outside of his area.

GOAL-Horsham Baptists 4-1 A well struck free kick on the edge of the area crept just inside Lewis’s near to to make it 4-1.

GOAL-Horsham Baptists 4.2 Baptist weren’t finished and they scored another well taken goal to make it 4-2.

GOAL-Storrington 5-2(Michael) The boys re-grouped and took the game back to Baptist and forced a corner. Michael whipped the ball in and it eluded everyone to go straight in! Well done boys. A great win.