Your shopping basket is empty!
CARTERS DOMESTIC APPLIANCES
Tel: 01273 628618 - online and on your high street
Our Recycling Policy
CARTERS RECYCLING POLICY
- Since 2007 the UK has had to comply with the requirements of the European WEEE Directive, which requires the collection and recycling of waste electrical and electronic equipment. The legislation aims to force producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. These regulations ensure that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment for recycling.
- To meet these requirements, we are a member of the Valpak WEEE Distributor scheme in accordance with the Waste Electrical Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations SI 2006 No.3289.
- Our registration ID is 3749.
- Under the UK WEEE regulations, distributors (defined as a business supplying electronic equipment to the public) are required to either provide waste collection systems for all types of equipment that they supply, or join a scheme such as the "Valpak WEEE Distributor scheme". In this way, we have contributed funds which will be used to enhance the UK's network of WEEE collection points (known as Designated Collection Facilities – DCFs), which are predominantly based at council household waste recycling centres.
- The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK.
- Much of the UK’s WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
- Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Reusing items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
- We like to believe that our recycling policy in further sorting waste material such as polystrene, cardboard, metals and other waste products before disposal gives Carters genuine credibility as a caring "green thinking" company.
- Please use the following website link which provides full details of collection facilities in your area. This website has incidentally been funded partly by fees donated by companies such as ourselves