Your shopping basket is empty!
CARTERS DOMESTIC APPLIANCES
Tel: 01273 628618 - online and on your high street
Terms & Conditions, and General Information
- Carters Domestic Appliances is a wholly owned division of CDA Southern Limited ,CDA Sussex Limited and RJD Electrical Ltd depending on the address of the store. The registered address for all companies is 6 Robell Way, Storrington, West Sussex RH20 3DW
- Please read our Terms and Conditions carefully each time you make a purchase. They do not affect your statutory rights. We may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Any changes will take effect on the date they are posted onto the website and are freely available at any of our stores.
- Products sold are suitable for installation and use on the UK mainland only and may not be suitable for use elsewhere.
- Televisions and audio equipment available for sale are not installed in any way unless expressly agreed at the time of sale.
- Items sold are as individual units and not as a linked transaction as being fit for use with other products purchased.
- All products are sold subject to availability from the manufacturers and may be withdrawn from sale at any time. If, for any reason, an appliance ordered is not available, customers will either be offered an alternative model or given a full refund. We cannot be held liable for any loss as a result of a delivery delay from the manufacturer to ourselves.
- Without prejudicing the statutory rights of both ourselves and the consumer, should Carters be unable to fulfill an order for any reason,we will make every effort to inform the customer within 30 days of the sale. In such cases Carters will, as appropriate, provide either an immediate and full refund, or a suitable alternative agreed product. The original order will then be declared formally cancelled.
- We reserve the right to change any advertised prices at any time although the price you pay is the price displayed in store or on our website at the time we receive your order either in person, phone, fax, email or through the website. Should a price change after you have placed your order we are unable to adjust your order to the new price.
- The purchase of Retra 3 and 5 year extended warranties is agreed on the basis of accepting the terms and conditions of these policies as found in the "Info About Us /3 and 5 years Extended Warranty" page of our website.
- Payment can be made by most major debit/credit cards, cash or cheque. Purchases made through Amercican Express must be in excess of £100. Orders paid by cheque will only be delivered after the cheques has been received and cleared. Full payment must be made before we deliver. We do not operate a ‘cash on delivery’ policy. Legal title does not pass until full payment has been received.
- Credit card details as recorded by our customers either verbally, by pincard entry or through our secure server then verified by Barclays Bank. Occasionally we may need to make contact to confirm details that may have been omitted or mistyped before the order can be accepted. When customers are paying for their goods by card, we may use certain information you have given us and also any received from credit reference agency checks. This helps to protect both you and us against fraudulent transactions. We will contact you if your payment details cannot be authorised for any reason and may invite you to pay by another method.
- Morning deliveries are to be regarded as being from 7.30am to 1.00pm. Afternoon calls are from 12.00 noon onwards. Unforeseen complications however may affect delivery times on the day.
- All orders in excess of £150 include free delivery to most areas in Sussex within the BN and RH postcode. Customers outside this area should contact us by email email@example.com or phone 01273-628618 as this website is intended for restricted local use within the county of Sussex .This instruction is most important and over-rides the automated system used on this website which may allow a delivery to be made at no cost to the customer outside of the BN and RH postcode areas. It is possible to despatch any goods to any part of the UK mainland but every sale is assessed separately and may carry different delivery charges depending on the product selected.
- It is our normal policy for goods to be delivered to the registered address of the cardholder. However, in certain circumstances and solely at our own discretion, deliveries are sometimes authorised to a different address.
- We will contact you and provide a specific despatch date as soon as the goods are ready for delivery. This will be within 30 days of the date of the order.
- All appliances must be signed for on delivery. Customers should keep this receipt in case of need for future reference.
- Our normal local connection service to freestanding non gas products over £150 is subject to compatable plumbing and electrical services. We will not be involved in any alterations or providing additional equipment of any kind especially involving carpentry or specialist electrician or plumbing expertise. This connection service will not be completed if we experience extreme difficulties.
- Sales not subject to the current Distance Selling Regulations are subject to a restocking fee on items returned, refused or cancelled by the customer.
- We will remove your old appliance at the rate applicable at the time of ordering and undertaken on the basis of one for one at the time of delivering your new machine. This charge can vary from time to time as a result of current legislation and external forces.
- When a pre-arranged and agreed day has been given for delivery and then that delivery fails due to there being no one at the address to sign for the goods, the customer may be liable to pay a failed delivery charge which will depend upon the size and weight of the item.
- Although it is company policy to inform customers if products on display will be used for delivery purposes, we reserve the right to use such items if they are considered in good merchantable order and no mention of boxed supplies has been made on the invoice.
RETURNS REFUNDS & COLLECTIONS
- Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, you have the right to cancel your order within seven days of receipt of the goods, without giving a reason.
- The customer has the choice of returning the goods via his/her own means, or requesting a collection, in which case the cost of returning the goods to us will be deducted from the refund
- Full refunds can only be provided for items which are returned to us in their original condition. The customer has a duty of care while the goods are in their possession. We reserve the right to to charge for any damage that may have occurred whilst the goods have beren in your possession. In addition, if you require us to collect we will charge £50 for each item, except range cookers over 70cm wide and American Fridge Freezers which will be charged at £100. Our collection service is limited to Sussex and Surrey.Cancellations after 7 days will be subject to a rehandling charge of 25% for each product. This charge also applies to any returned items which have been removed from their packaging.
- Refunds will be reimbursed within 30 working days of the cancellation date. Cancellations must be requested within 7 working days after the day following the delivery date. All cancellations must be sent in writing or email to our Storrington Head office and Warehouse outlet store.
- When placing an order over the phone or in store, you may be offered the choice of paying a deposit instead of pre-payment in full (eg for large orders or specialist items). This deposit is non refundable should you cancel the order after 14 days.
- The customer is asked to closely inspect the goods upon delivery for any cosmetic defect before signing the delivery receipt. Damaged goods should not be accepted. We will return the rejected items to our warehouse and endeavour to replace them as soon as possible.
- It is recommended that all customers read the instruction booklets normally supplied before operating any new appliance. Often problems that may initially seem like a fault can be rectified quickly and easily by reference to this documentation.
- Whilst we take pride and care when carrying out deliveries we will not be held liable for any accidental damage however caused.