What data is collected?
- Carters Direct retains the name(s), physical and email address(es) and any phone numbers provided for delivery and billing when placing an order along with the products and services ordered and any notes or special instructions provided by the customer relating to the delivery.
- We collect payment card details when you place an order but we do not store these. They are securely handed to our payment provider SagePay who process the payment on our behalf.
- If you pay via PayPal checkout, PayPal will send us your billing and delivery address when they confirm payment.
- If you contact us in any other way including by letter, phone, fax or email we will retain whatever information is necessary for the sale by inputting this data onto our secure server. Any other data is destroyed . We do not use this information for any other purpose.
- If you request that our sales team contact you, they will do so using either phone or email, depending on which methods you provide.
How do we use your data?
- We use your personal data to enable us to complete our contractual obligations to you as a customer including delivery and after sales services.
- As a legitimate business interest, we will contact you shortly after your products have been delivered to ask for feedback on our service. We also use Trustpilot (see sharing data below) to ensure feedback is handled by impartial companies.
- We may contact you via email with offers related to items you have bought from us as a legitimate business interest to maintain a relationship with existing customers. You can opt out of this while you are placing an order or at any time after by sending an email entitled "Remove from Database" to email@example.com and we will promptly take steps to ensure that the information is deleted as soon reasonably practicable.
Who do we share data with?
- To complete payment via credit or debit card, we will collect and securely transmit to SagePay your payment card details, I.P. address, email address, phone numbers, billing address and if different, delivery address. Carters Direct do not store your payment card details.
- To complete a finance payment, we will securely transmit your full contact details and the value of your order to Hitachi Credit who will start the finance application process. They will then securely send us the outcome of your application.
- When you purchase items sold by us as agents of Euronics we will share your name and address with Euronics. This is done under our contractual obligation with Euronics as a legitimate business interest allowing them to verify genuine sales. We may in some cases register a warranty with the manufacturer. In this instance, we will send your product and contact details to the manufacturer who will use them to confirm your products is registered and covered by their warranty. This is again done under our partnership agreement with Euronics and is a condition of the sale.
- When you contact us via is website or any other method we may share the information you send us with a manufacturer in order to demonstrate a fault with a product and arrange a replacement or repair. If you purchase an extended warranty, we will share your contact and order details with Retra Warranties as part of the contract.
- In the checkout process, you may be offered the option to request an extended warranty quote to cover the items purchased. If you choose this option, we will share your order details and contact details with Retra Warranties.
- We will share your name, email and products ordered with Trustpilot who may ask you to write a review of your experience dealing with Carters Direct. We do this in order to generate verified reviews as a legitimate business interest to help maintain our high levels of service to our customers.
- We will also share your name, email and products ordered with feefo who may ask you to write a review on the product you purchased and dealing with Carters Direct. We do this in order to generate verified reviews as a legitimate business interest to help maintain our high levels of service to our customers.
- If required by law we will pass on your details to the relevant organisation.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The cookies that we collect to enhance your shopping experience are:
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FORM_KEY||Stores form key used by page cache functionality.|
|FRONTEND||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wish List.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wish List.|